1) Showcase Memphis and the Mid-South to the nation through the national telecast of the annual AutoZone Liberty Bowl game to enhance the image of the community, both in the eyes of the actual attendees and the television audience.
2) To create positive economic impact in our community by inviting universities, their teams and entire constituencies to Memphis and to create and sponsor first class events for these guests.
3) To conduct civic events within Memphis and the Mid-South for all persons to participate with a goal of creating civic pride for all Memphians and Mid-Southerners.
4) To feature St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (the great hospital founded by Danny Thomas) in our various activities to assist the hospital in their mission of saving lives and finding cures for childhood diseases.
5) To emphasize the principles of freedom, patriotism and liberty….the very principles upon which our Bowl game was founded.
6) To create an outstanding experience for all students, student-athletes, cheerleaders, dance teams, band members, faculty, staff, alumni and fans attending and participating in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.
Follow the AutoZone Liberty Bowl:
The AutoZone Liberty Bowl Trophy produced by Schulmerich is an authentic, one-quarter-sized replica of the bell that rang in Independence Hall to announce the signing of the Declaration of Independence. It has the same nicked edges, foundry marks, misspelled inscription and even the famous crack - all crafted o maintain the integrity of the Bell in every detail. Cast in traditional black bronze, the Bell measures 12 inches in diameter and 11-1/2 inches height with crown. It is bolted to a handmade wooden yoke and wings on legs cast with filigree design that appears on the original mounting.
2) 62,742 - Arkansas vs. East Carolina - 1/02/2010